Terms and Conditions
Accommodation Booking Terms and Conditions
Reservations, Deposit, and Confirmation
- A deposit of 50% of the total tariff is required to secure your reservation as per the Cancellation policy (see below). (Full tariff may be required during peak season.)
- The balance is due upon departure. During peak season full payment may be debited prior to arrival in accordance with the booking policy.
- All tariffs and rates described within this booking are stated in New Zealand Dollars (NZD). Tariff excludes New Zealand Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 15%.
- All bookings will result in an automated acknowledgment and will then be confirmed based upon availability.
- The client agrees to a pre-authorized block to their credit card below equivalent to one room night’s accommodation for security against any occurrence of damage.
- Personal cheques or American Express are not accepted. Credit card payments attract a 4% commission charge for Lodge & Cottage guests (not applicable for Retreat guests). The credit card surcharge will apply to all credit card payments and overseas debit cards.
Statutory Holidays Surcharge
- A 15% surcharge will apply to reservations on New Zealand Statutory Holidays. Please check here.
- Deposit is refundable, less a $100.00 administration fee per night if cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to arrival. 50% of full tariff will be deducted if cancellation is received less than 60 days prior to arrival. 100% of full tariff will be deducted if cancellation is received less than 30 days prior to arrival. During peak season, 1 November – 30 April, the full tariff will be incurred unless any room nights are resold.
- We recommend travel insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances resulting in cancellations.
Privacy of Credit Card Information
- Credit card details entered are securely encrypted and all payments processed through this website are taken through a certified PCI compliant payment gateway. (Payment Express Services - DPS).
- Minimum stay (two nights) applies for all rooms between 15th December and 20th February. One-night stays may be permitted upon a direct enquiry - please contact email@example.com. A 100% deposit may be required.
Guests may specify their preferred room when booking; however as Stoneridge has a small number of guest rooms, there may be certain circumstances whereby a booking may need to be reallocated to another room in order to facilitate another booking. In such circumstances, Stoneridge reserve the right to reallocate guests to another room of equal or superior amenities to the room that they have booked.
Breakfast is included and other meals can be provided by prior arrangement.
Breakfast is served from 7.30am - 10.00am.
Stoneridge does not offer self-catering facilities. Private dining and gourmet grazing platters/picnic lunches may be provided by prior arrangement for an additional cost - a minimum of 48 hours' notice may be required.
A $250 fee will apply to any smoking inside the building. Smoking is strictly prohibited.
Children & Families
Children are welcome at Stoneridge Estate but must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult due to the inherent dangers of the Estate.
Room Occupancy & Extra Guests
All guest rooms & tariffs are for double occupancy. Extra guests may be accommodated on request for an additional cost - see below. The Coronet Suite has an adjacent second bedroom with a double bed and a single bed which may be booked to accommodate up to two additional guests. In all other suites, a rollaway bed can be placed in the room to accommodate one additional guest.
- Extra guests (Lodge): adult $125 + GST; child (up to & including 10 yrs) $75 + GST per night.
- Extra guests (Retreat): adult $225 + GST; child (up to & including 10 yrs) $125 + GST; child (11- 16 yrs) $175 + GST per night.
- This fee is applicable when extra guests are confirmed at the time of booking. If extra guests are added to a room less than 24 hours prior to arrival, 50% of the room tariff will be charged for each extra guest.
Functions & Events Venue
- Stoneridge does periodically host functions at the southwest end of the Lodge, which has its own entrance and does not share any facilities with the Lodge. Whilst we do not anticipate any disruption to guests' enjoyment of our facilities and amenities, as a courtesy we nonetheless wish to make guests aware of this.
- Stoneridge operates a boutique vineyard which requires vineyard work to be undertaken at certain intervals and avoiding direct sunlight. Vineyard work is organized as best as possible to minimize any interruption or inconvenience to guests.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in is from 3.00pm and checks out is by 10.30am on the day of departure. Early check-ins may be permitted by prior arrangement (subject to room availability), and will attract a $50.00 early check-in fee, as rooms require additional rostering of cleaning staff to accommodate these arrangements.
- Guests are required to complete & sign a Room Registration Form on arrival, which requires a signed indemnity for any & all potential damage caused by a guest’s stay/occupation of the room.
Lodge Dining Terms and Conditions
- Beverages are not included in the menu pricing.
- Stoneridge Estate is fully licensed and BYO is not available.
- One bill per couple/group. Personal cheques or American Express are not accepted. Credit card payments attract a 4% commission charge.
- Stoneridge Estate does not operate a public restaurant – candlelit dining is offered by prior arrangement only and is subject to chef availability. A minimum of 48 hours’ notice may be required to secure chef availability.
- A 100% deposit is required to confirm your booking.
- Bookings on New Zealand Statutory Holidays will incur a 15% Statutory Holiday surcharge. Please check all statutory holidays here.
- If a booking is cancelled/modified less than 24 hours before arrival, 50% of the meal cost will be refunded (50% is non-refundable).
- All sittings will be at 6.30pm unless arranged otherwise, and diners are allocated a two hour dining slot from the time of your booking. Any time beyond this period will be charged at $50.00 per hour or part thereof as dinners require two staff personnel. Regrettably this cost is passed on because it reflects the status of our private dining venue rather than a fully operational restaurant.
- All dining is hosted at Stoneridge Lodge. For Retreat guests, this is approximately 150m from your accommodation - complimentary transport is available on request.
"We recently had our wedding in Stoneridge Chapel and our experience there went way beyond our expectation. Both the Chapel and the Estate are so stunning and fabulous, and we had t..."
- Jeremy, February 2020