Stoneridge is committed to making the world a better, and greener, place.
Nestled in our very own floral oasis, and in the wider stunning New Zealand landscape, we respect the land that has been the home to generations of families before us and are sensitive to the impact we may be having.
Sustainability at Stoneridge
We are constantly looking for ways to evolve into the best sustainable version of ourselves, and are open-minded and enthusiastic about possibilities that we are presented with. This journey is headed by our General Manager and has the passion of the entire team behind it.
We have implemented the following policies in our quest to pursue sustainable practices.
- We ensure that all staff receive a good and competitive wage, with an average wage far exceeding the low wages of central Queenstown.
- We have invested in solar panels to support our energy consumption – in the future we have dreams of becoming entirely solar energy dependent.
- All leftover card and paper from our guests and functions is re-purposed for office stationery equipment.
- We endeavour to print double sided and reduce printing whenever possible.
- We offer refillable glass Stoneridge water bottles in our complimentary in-room mini-bars rather than disposable single-use plastic bottles.
- We offer guests use of reusable cutlery, dishware and glasses rather than disposable single-use items.
- We provide environmentally-friendly refillable full-size soaps and shampoos from a New Zealand company rather than small travel-sized toiletries.
- We encourage our guests to re-use their linen and their towels wherever possible, resulting in huge energy and water savings.
- All food for the kitchen is organically sourced whenever possible and all our produce comes from within New Zealand – therefore reducing air miles and ensuring we get the best quality ingredients.
- Our Chef orders in produce specifically for individual events and is thoughtful in his preparation with a view to reducing waste. All leftover produce is then used to feed our staff and family here at Stoneridge and/or offered to our friendly neighbours.
- The use of cling-film in the kitchen is minimal and only used when no viable alternative.
Stoneridge has a whole host of ideas as to how to become greener and forge a tighter connection with the land around us. We are currently investigating more energy-saving appliances including low flow showerheads (reducing water consumption while still ensuring high pressure) and considering the move to eco-friendly cleaning supplies. We are having a head to toe appraisal of our services and are excited about where this will take us.
"I had never stayed at a winery and wow - just wow - this was an incredible stay. From the moment we drove up the driveway we had to stop and take photos - the entrance door was so ..."
- Katie, March 2020